Users have a weekly upload limit — 500 MB and one HD video upload — with a free subscription. To upload and store more videos, users need to purchase an annual $59.95 Vimeo Plus subscription.
Pricing structure: Free (A $59.95-a-year Vimeo Plus subscription lets users upload and store more videos; companies can purchase a $199-a-year Vimeo PRO membership to promote goods and services.)
- You can create custom URLs.
- You can easily update your videos without losing your analytic stats.
- Its video encoding is flawless, picture quality is superb.
- No ads are shown.
- Better-looking, higher-res 1280 x 720px HD player and 5,000kbit bit rate
- Less discovery competition; limited competition for discovery with lower-quality user-generated content
- Improved video formatting options
- New revenue offerings hold a lot of promise in terms of giving creators more control over how they monetize their content
- Due to Vimeo’s smaller scale there is less copyright scrutiny on content
- It can be costly. Monthly budgets and costs need to be considered if opting for the Pro and Business accounts.
- You can only get in-depth analytics data with the Pro and Business account.
- Vimeo has less traffic than YouTube this needs to be considered if you are considering reach.
- Most third party platforms for optimization performance integrate with YouTube.
- Unlimited channels are only available with a Pro Account.
- Best features require a paid Pro account
- I have never seen viral embeds of content in a Vimeo player, ever
- My observation is overall Vimeo has more site downtime and player crashes than YouTube, although this is an n=1 sample and I don’t have data to say this with certainty
- Analytics look better visually but don’t offer the quality of insight that YouTube does
- Less options to customize and manage your own branding
- Click on your circular profile icon in the top right corner of the screen, and select ‘Settings’:
- Select the ‘Purchases’ tab and then click ‘Cancel Subscription’
- Make sure to choose cancel instead of one of the ‘Pause’ options if you don’t want to be charged again.
- Finally, confirm the choice to cancel, and you’re all set.
How To Contact Vimeo?
Can’t find what you need in our Help Center? Our global support team is available around the clock to assist you.
Trouble logging in
If you’ve forgotten your password, or can’t access your account for another reason, we can help you out here.
Deleting your account
To delete your account, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your account. (If you’re unable to log into your account, click here to regain access.)
- In your account settings (under the “General” section), click Delete your account and follow the instructions.